Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Introducing...Monkey Powered!

I'd like to share another fun artist I just met thru the 'net!
Here are a few of her prints, available through her Etsy shop, Monkey Powered.

A Trip To The City



Plaid Perch


Dog's Dinner


Clock Coveting



This is how our Conversation went, through Etsy:

Hi Monkeypowered!

Just saw you hearted one of my items, so I came to check out your shop. Wow! Could you please tell me if you are the artist of the prints (not the Helen Dardick ones - love those, too, but I can see they are by her). I really love featuring art that I like on my blog, and would like to highlight your shop, if you say it's okay.

.....................................................................

Helloo Lisa!

Thanks so very much for your kind words. All of the art in my shop is by me, except for the four by Helen of course. I'd be happy to be featured on your lovely blog. Much appreciated!

Thanks bunches!
Rigel :)

........................................................................

Awesome!

Do you have a blog, or any other site that you'd like me to mention and link to?

And I'm embarrassed to ask, but I've never seen the name Rigel before - are you a lady or a gentleman? Tee hee...as if anyone is either of those these days!

...........................................................................................

Oh, no worries! I get that all the time. I'm a gal. "Rigel" (Rye-gel) is the name of a star. That's what happens when your parents are trekies in the 70's ;)

I'm so late to join the blogosphere, and probably won't have my site up and running for another few weeks, so no other links to add. Thanks for asking tho. Please drop by in May sometime if you get a chance, and let me know what you think... http://hocus.typepad.com/
.......................................................................
.......................................................................

Of course, as soon as I read her explanation, I remembered that Rigel is a star's name. How unique!

So, I hope you'll check out her shop and keep her site bookmarked for the near future when she gets it up and running. Tell her you found out all about her here at the Atomic Tea Party!


13 comments:

  1. These are cool. I love the name 'Monkey Powered'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo great! And I love that her parents were Trekkies and named her Rigel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making things clear for me. I once visited her etsy shop through an add I saw on Helen Dardik's, but never saw any name around. I thought it was only a print shop, no artist behind. These are great, she should get more exposure herself since she's so talented. Great post Lisa !

    ReplyDelete
  4. such great stuff!!! and your convo cracked me up. very tactful and sweet. and 70's trekie parents?!??!??! hahahah!!! i am not sure if that is worse than having a preacher father. hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are too too fantastic! If she releases these as fabric I see a very bright and profitable future here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very upbeat and fun! So full of whimsy! Great find! You know, you've been a lot like an art curator, lately... Maybe, that's your next calling?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so cool. Thanks for posting them up here. Have a great weekend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big thanks everyone for your sweet comments. It's so encouraging, and very muchly appreciated!

    rigel xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha I love the pissed of kitty in the dog's belly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love the Dog's Dinner print. I would definitely hang that one on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super adorable art! My walls are painfully bare at the moment and in dire need of some awesome art to perk them up. I'll be booking marking Monkey Power for sure and who knows, maybe when I've got a little cash to spare I can pick up one of those terrific pieces!

    Wishing you a rockingly wonderful day,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete