Thursday, June 4, 2009

Veronica!

I'm quietly going about my morning routine of avoiding housework by scrolling through Google Reader, and what do I see but "Interview: Veronica Diago" by Jenn Ski!!!

Go immediately and check it out! (No, wait, go after you read MY post!)

Jenn's blog and art was one of the first I really got into as far as modern people channeling the mid-century vibe and aesthetic I love. She does interviews with other artists from time to time, and it's a great way to find out about people you may not have heard of.

Veronica, you didn't tell us you had a Jenn Ski interview in the works!! I'm so happy for you! I hope it brings you many new visitors to your blog, Flickr, and Etsy, and lots of new fans.

AND, I got to finally see a photo of my friend! I'd been thinking lately about asking some of my blog friends to "show themselves" so I could replace the imagination-picture I have of them in my head with their real faces! Veronica is sweet, shy and lovely, just like I pictured! Here she is, courtesy of the photo I snagged off of Jenn's site:

And was that a little shot of a corner of your home? I've been asking to see your place, V! Guess I'm not as famous and powerful as Jenn, huh?? :)

Okay, now, everyone go check out Veronica's interview! I'm so happy for you, my friend!

9 comments:

  1. Yay! I had just seen this on Jennski. What fantastic exposure for Veronica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is great, and i love the picture of her! i haven't been to her blog in a while (it is getting hard for me to make the rounds like i should!), but i'll be sure to stop by soon!

    p.s. don't hold your breath for a post of my legs. blech. you first. and then i probably still won't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat shot of Veronica in front of what has GOT to be her handywork! Love it!
    Now, I must go read the interview...

    P.S. - No, that previous comment was NOT naughty, just posted it before catching an error! You know me, ever the aspiring perfectionist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cottage Cheese - thanks for the support for V! Isn't Jenn's blog fun?

    Drollgirl - I'm glad that you don't just like what I secretly think of as "ugly art". It seems like lots of people who work in the art world do.

    I'm having a hard time getting up the nerve to post a photo of my face. The world does NOT need to be subjected to my legs, too!

    Anthony - you can't fool me, I know it was naughty! And you are not "aspiring" - you ARE a perfectionist! :-)

    Pollicino - I think you may just be weird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll definitely go check it out. I hope this finds you doing well. Thanks for all the blog comments. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your writing! I love Veronica's art...and her name!

    Have a most wonderful and joyous weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations again to Veronica, who has been all too quiet lately. She looks adorable in her photo.
    By the way, Tikimama - I do recall seeing a photo of you (and Anthony!) in your crafty pals post. Seems like ages ago now but it's there - way back in February. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. MoonDoggie - Shhhh! I was hoping everyone had forgotten about that pic! I was sans makeup that day, just kickin' back with friends. I just felt guilty for posting pix of them and not me.

    Where is Veronica?? I'm getting worried. I'm off to email her again.

    ReplyDelete