Monday, January 26, 2009

Cool original features of our house


I've never seen faucets quite like this before - I think they're certainly eye-catching. The pull-up knobby-thingy that plugs the sink doesn't work, and the drain chrome rings are looking bad. Anyone know how to fix these??


Our tub handles are neat-o, too. Even if they are a bit difficult to turn (impossible for the kids) with wet hands. Almighty Hubby had to replace the stopper, because it just wasn't holding water (he he he!).




We have salt-and-pepper tiles around the tub and sink. The interesting thing about the tub tiles is that they are rectangular, which I've never seen in a mid-century house before. The sink in this bath, all the tile in the master bath and the countertops in the kitchen are all the standard 4 x 4 square. The kitchen backsplash is rectangular again! Pix to come....




Original vanity and drawer pulls. Paint job is just okay, but I'm just thrilled to have the cabinet!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Cool pics. It reminds me somewhat of the bathroom I remember in my grandmother's house when I was a kid. I like it.

    ReplyDelete